Food and Wine Self-Drive New Zealand
Discover scenery like no other in this ultimate food and wine self-drive New Zealand vacation incorporating both the north and south islands. The views on this tour are breathtaking, and you will have endless photo opportunities. In Queenstown, choose from a number of adventure activities, including bungee jumping and jet boating. In Marlborough you will experience fantastic wine, seafood and a cruise through the sounds. Self drive from Wellington to Napier and encounter, internationally acclaimed vineyards, gourmet restaurants, and dazzling art and architecture. Take time in Rotorua to experience the fascinating Maori culture. Explore the natural geysers and spas, located only minutes from town. Your New Zealand driving tour will conclude in Auckland, the city of sails where you can indulge in Auckland's shopping, nightlife and unrivalled cuisine. Travel by ferry to Waiheke Island to taste the boutique wines, sample award-winning olive oils and enjoy breath taking scenery before you say goodbye to New Zealand.
- Roundtrip economy flights from Los Angeles to Auckland, Queenstown and Christchurch
- International Air Taxes
- Queenstown x 3 nights
- Milford Sound Full Day Trip (coach, cruise and fly)
- Gourmet Scenic Wine Tour
- Fly economy class from Queenstown to Blenheim
- Blenheim x 2 nights
- Marlborough Icons Tour
- Fly economy seats from Blenheim to Wellington
- Wellington x 2 nights
- Wellington Capital Tastes Tour
- Rental vehicle for 8 days from Wellington to Auckland
- Napier x 2 nights
- Wine and Gourmet Odyssey
- Rotorua x 2 nights
- Auckland x 3 nights
- Waiheke Island Vineyard Tour
- Day 1: Depart Los Angeles for Auckland
- Day 2: Dateline
- Day 3: Arrive Auckland and connect on flights to Queenstown, where you will spend the next 3 nights
- Day 4: Gourmet Scenic Wine Tour
- Day 5: Milford Sound full day tour with coach, cruise and scenic flight
- Day 6: Depart Queenstown with flights to Blenheim, where you will spend the next 2 nights
- Day 7: Marlborough Icons Tour
- Day 8: Depart Blenheim with flights to Wellington where you will enjoy 2 nights. With your free afternoon Te Papa Museum is a must see.
- Day 9: This morning join Wellington Capital Taste Tour for a 3 hour walking tour around the city exploring some hidden culinary treasures.
- Day 10: Traveling north of Wellington is the leisurely drive to the Napier/Hasting winery region. You will be spending 2 nights in Napier.
- Day 11: Today sit back and relax on your 5 hour tour: Wine and Gourmet Odyssey
- Day 12: Continue north from Napier/Hastings to Rotorua, where you will spend the next 2 nights
- Day 13: Spend the day at your leisure in Rotorua. The city is known for its geothermal activity, and features geysers – notably the Pohutu Geyser at Whakarewarewa - and hot mud pools.
- Day 14: Northward travel from Rotorua to Auckland, home for the next 3 nights
- Day 15: Auckland at leisure to explore the accessible beaches, parklands or forests.
- Day 16: Catch the ferry from Auckland to Waiheke Island where you will join a Vineyard Tour. You will visit 3 vineyards, enjoy a light lunch at Stonyridge and sample local olive oils.
- Day 17: You will depart Auckland airport for your flight to Los Angeles, traveling non-stop and arriving the same day